Change Time Signature
- How to do it: click inside a measure in the Score, and make sure that the M callout button of the floating toolbar is selected; in the Editor, check This measure sets its own time signature and use the two sliders until you get the expected reading on the fraction display on the right.
- when you select, make sure that the Editor header reads Measure;
- measures not setting their own time signature inherit it from the last measure that does or use the default;
- default time signature is common time (4/4);
- time signatures do not transcend their current Section; if you want to use 6/8 to the end of your piece, you must explicitly set it at the beginning of each Section;
- increasing the capacity of a non-empty measure adds padding (ghost) rests; decreasing it trims away padding rests (if any) but does not touch notes, chords or rests that you entered;
- see the Measure Node for more details.