- How to do it: when there are two voices on a staff, you can send one of them to another staff of the same Part. A common task is to move voice two of the right hand staff of a Piano as voice one of the left hand staff. To do that, select the space of a measure in the right hand staff, and then the 2 callout button in the floating toolbar; from the Editor, set Voice staff to 2nd staff and Voice position to 1st voice;
- the Editor header should read Voice during the entire operation;
- moving voices is confined to the boundaries of the current Measure only;
- if stems cross, consider swapping voices on that particular staff;
- there is an intricate mechanism in place that enforces at least one Voice on every staff of every Part. See Voices to learn about it.