- How to do it: when there are two voices on a staff, you can swap them: select the space of a measure, then the 2 callout button; in the Editor, change Voice position from 2nd voice to 1st voice;
- the Editor header should read Voice during the entire operation;
- avoid swapping a higher 1st voice with a lower 2nd voice: the stems will cross;
- swapping voices is confined to the boundaries of the current Measure only;
- there is an intricate mechanism in place that enforces at least one Voice on every staff of every Part. See Voices to learn about it.