Use Second Voice
- How to do it: select the space of a measure in the Score. From the floating toolbar, click either the 2 or + callout buttons, depending on whether you previously added a second voice or not. Continue adding needed content as previously described.
- before adding the Voice, the Editor header should read Measure (because you are adding a child node on a Measure, which is the current element); after adding the Voice, the Editor header should read Voice, because the newly added Voice is now the active element;
- adding or changing a Voice is confined to the boundaries of the current Measure only;
- using a second voice puts twice as much music on a staff, making it less manageable; whenever appropriate, add a new Part or add a new staff to an existing Part, instead (select your part name in the Score and change its Number of staves property in the Editor);
- there is an intricate mechanism in place that enforces at least one Voice on every staff of every Part. See Voices to learn about it.